Valkyrie Interstate Big Boy Seat and Driver Backrest - Plain or Studded - (1999 - 2001)
Our Big Boy seat is designed to sit the driver 1 inch higher and 1 inch further from the handlebars then the seating position of the Honda® OEM stock seat. We recommend the Big Boy for drivers 6 foot or taller and weighing between 220 and 260 pounds or less. If your leg inseam measures more than 33 inches, you need our Big Boy Seat. We have designed this seat with an increased nose angle so you sit back into the seat, and it prevents you from sliding forward while braking. The Big Boy seat is 19 inches wide.
The Ultimate passenger seat is 16 inches wide with comfort to spare. The passenger seat has been designed with a steeper nose angle to help prevent the passenger from sliding forward into the driver. The same high quality comfort memory foam that is in the driver seat is in the passenger seat, and it has been molded to give your very important passenger the Ultimate support. (put them in comfort heaven).
Ultimate Removable Driver Backrest
All Ultimate Valkyrie Big Boy seats have the driver backrest hardware built into them, so you can add the backrest at any time.
- Pad measures 7" high by 10" wide by 1.5" thick.
- Built using the same memory foam as our seats.
- Infinite tilt to match your back angle.
- Backrest folds down forward for easily mounting and dismounting.
- Adjustment forward and back is more than 2 inches.
- Adjusts with a thumb screw while you're riding.
- No need to remove the seat or use a wrench.
- Includes zipper storage pouch that velcros to the back of the backrest.
Detachable storage pouch measures 9"W x 6"H and is protected by the driver backrest built in rain flap.
Our new passenger backrest includes a major comfort modification, your passenger will now sit 10 degrees more vertical. This takes away the back fatigue on those long rides. The backrest has a new comfort foam insert and is recovered with our upgraded materials and includes the embroidered V and ULTIMATE logo.
We use the O.E. backrest base pan to build the Ultimate backrest. Changeover: We ship you the new passenger backrest and you ship back your old one. We have a $100 refundable core charge for your exchange stock passenger backrest. This is added to your invoice. After you receive your new Ultimate passenger backrest you ship your stock passenger backrest to our warehouse for refund.
Leather Versus Vinyl and Rain Covers
Leather seating in our homes or vehicles works well for some users however leather seats do not weather well left out in the sun and rain.
In my opinion, there are no advantages with a leather seat on a motorcycle.
Most people cannot visually tell the difference between our premium marine grade Vinyl and Leather unless they are side by side and then it needs to be pointed out which is which.
Neither Leather or Vinyl breathes except through the stitching.
Neither seats, Vinyl or Leather are waterproof. A Vinyl seat will let water in through the stitching and Leather will do the same and also soak through the hide if it gets really wet.
Durability is similar but our premium Vinyl will hold its shape and new look longer than Leather.
A rain cover should be used to prevent water from seeping through the stitches into the comfort foam.
We recommend you cover your seats with our waterproof ride on rain covers when your bike is sitting or riding in the rain.
Enjoy the ride again,
|Seat Height||1" higher than Honda® OEM Seat.|
|Distance from Handlebars||1" further back than Honda® OEM Seat.|
|Driver Seat Width||19"|
|Amount of Adjustment||More Than 2" Forward and Backward.|
|Location of Backrest Bracket||Rider Seat|
Click on the links below to download
- Installation Instructions for Seat Set Combo, Valkyrie I/S Interstate
- Installation Instructions for Driver Backrest, Valkyrie King
- Installation Instructions for Armrests, Valkyrie Standard / Tourer
- Installation Instructions for Removable Driver Backrest (Lowrider and Big Boy)
- Installation Instructions for Ride-On Rain Covers, Standard / Tourer
- Installation Instructions for Ride-On Rain Covers, Valkyrie I/S Interstate