Ultimate Touring Seat and Driver Backrest for FLH® 2009 and Newer
For 2009 and newer Harley FLH models that are equipped with a trunk/tour pack - we offer 3 different seats in our Ultimate Touring line: Reduced Reach, Midrider and Tall Boy. Each variation of the seat has an unladen seat height of one inch lower than stock. However, it is important to keep in mind that the stock seat is much softer and unsupportive, which when combined with poor seat shape makes for a very uncomfortable ride. Therefore, when you sit on your Ultimate Seat, you won’t sink, or bottom out, like you will on the stock seat in forty-five minutes or less. The front, or nose of our seat is narrower than stock seats as well, which allows an easier reach to the ground compared to the stock seat.
The Ultimate Touring Reduced Reach seat is for riders that need to be a little closer to the handlebars and tank than the stock seat. The Reduced Reach seat is 1” closer than the stock seat.
The Ultimate Touring Midrider seat is for riders that are overall happy with their stock seating position, as far as distance from the bars but are looking for Ultimate Comfort.
The Ultimate Touring Tall Boy seat is for riders that need some extra leg room, and are looking to move back from the tank and handlebars. The Tall Boy seat is 1” further back than the stock seat.
The driver section of all three seats is 16” wide and the passenger section is 15.5” wide, and 1” longer than the stock seat - both with comfort to spare.
Our Ultimate Touring seats are designed to sit you in the seat, not on the seat.
Fitment Note: On the Ultra Low and the Limited Low, our Ultimate Touring seats will sit a bit higher than stock.
Ultimate Removable Driver Backrest
All Ultimate FLH® Ultimate Touring seats have the driver backrest hardware built into them, so you can add the backrest at any time. The driver backrest quickly and easily slides in and out with a built in spring loaded plunger lock that is part of the backrest hardware permanently mounted inside the seat.
- Pad measures 7" high by 10" wide by 1.5" thick.
- Built using the same memory foam as our seats.
- Infinite tilt to match your back angle.
- Backrest folds down forward for easily mounting and dismounting your FLH®.
- Adjustment forward and back is more than 2 inches.
- Adjusts with a thumb screw while you're riding.
- No need to remove the seat or use a wrench.
- Includes zipper storage pouch that velcros to the back of the backrest.
Detachable storage pouch measures 9"W x 6"H and is protected by the driver backrest built in rain flap.
Heated Seat Option
We offer both heated and non-heated seats. We supply a jumper with all heated seats that plug into the factory accessory plug. There are two separate switches that control front and rear independently. The function of these switches are on/off - not high/low.
Leather Versus Vinyl and Rain Covers
Leather seating in our homes or vehicles works well for some users however leather seats do not weather well left out in the sun and rain.
In my opinion, there are no advantages with a leather seat on a motorcycle.
Most people cannot visually tell the difference between our premium marine grade Vinyl and Leather unless they are side by side and then it needs to be pointed out which is which.
Neither Leather or Vinyl breathes except through the stitching.
Neither seats, Vinyl or Leather are waterproof. A Vinyl seat will let water in through the stitching and Leather will do the same and also soak through the hide if it gets really wet.
Durability is similar but our premium Vinyl will hold its shape and new look longer than Leather.
A rain cover should be used to prevent water from seeping through the stitches into the comfort foam.
We recommend you cover your seats with our waterproof ride on rain covers when your bike is sitting or riding in the rain.
Enjoy the ride again,
Click on the links below to download
- Installation Instructions for 1-Piece Seat Sets, 2017 and Newer - Electra Glide®, Road Glide®, Road King®, Street Glide®, Tri Glide® and Ultra Classic®
- Installation Instructions for 1-Piece Seat Sets, 2014-2016 - Electra Glide®, Road Glide®, Road King®, Street Glide®, Tri Glide® and Ultra Classic®
- Installation Instructions for 1-Piece Seat Sets, 2009-2013 - Electra Glide®, Road Glide®, Road King®, Street Glide®, Tri Glide® and Ultra Classic®
- Installation Instructions for 1-Piece Seat Sets, 1997-2007 - Electra Glide®, Road Glide®, Road King®, Street Glide® and Ultra Classic®
- Installation Instructions for Removable Driver Backrest
- Installation Instructions for Ride-On Rain Covers, 1-Piece Sets, Electra Glide®, Road Glide®, Road King®, Street Glide®, Tri Glide® and Ultra Classic®