Goldwing Tour Seat, Driver Backrest and Ultimate Passenger Backrest - Apex Carbon Fiber Inlay (2018 - 2020)
Our GL1800 Goldwing Midrider seat is our main seat that will suit most riders. If you are happy with the riding position on your stock seat which includes your reach to the handlebars, leg room and reach to the ground the Midrider seat will work for you. Our Midrider seat will sit you in the same position as stock but provides a comfort level so good you won't want to get off your bike on those long rides. The Midrider seat is one inch wider than the stock seat.
Our GL1800 Goldwing Tall Boy seat is primarily designed for riders over 6’ 0” and over 200 lbs. The Tall Boy seat will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars and cowling. This allows for less bend in your knees and helps for your long distance ride comfort and provides a comfort level so good you won't want to get off your bike. The Tall Boy seat is one inch wider than stock seat.
We have made our passenger seat a full 17 inches wide which is 2 inches wider than the stock seat. Together with our design shape and our Ultimate memory foam, we put your passenger in comfort heaven.
Ultimate Passenger Backrest (2018-2020 ONLY)
Our Ultimate passenger backrest features built in armrests that provide an additional 3 inches of support over the factory passenger backrest. Additionally, the Ultimate passenger backrest provides a much needed additional 1 inch of passenger room to sit your passenger up straighter which eliminates back fatigue.
Ultimate Removable Driver Backrest
All Ultimate seats have the driver backrest hardware built into them, so you can add the backrest at any time. The driver backrest quickly and easily slides in and out with a built in spring loaded plunger lock that is part of the backrest hardware permanently mounted inside the seat.
- Pad measures 7" high by 10" wide by 1.5" thick.
- Built using the same memory foam as our seats.
- Infinite tilt to match your back angle.
- Backrest folds down forward for easily mounting and dismounting your Goldwing.
- Adjustment forward and back is more than 2 inches.
- Adjusts with a thumb screw while you're riding.
- No need to remove the seat or use a wrench.
- Includes zipper storage pouch that velcros to the back of the backrest.
- Detachable storage pouch measures 9"W x 6"H and is protected by the driver backrest built in rain flap.
If you choose to go without a heated seat, you will need to purchase the Goldwing Tour Seat Heat Dummy Load in order to stop the seat heater indicators from flashing on the dash when a heated seat is not connected to the bike.
PLEASE NOTE: Note the stop start function is disabled when the stock seat is removed. Not applicable to USA model bikes as they do not have the stop start function.
Leather Versus Vinyl and Rain Covers
Leather seating in our homes or vehicles works well for some users however leather seats do not weather well left out in the sun and rain.
In my opinion, there are no advantages with a leather seat on a motorcycle.
Most people cannot visually tell the difference between our premium marine grade Vinyl and Leather unless they are side by side and then it needs to be pointed out which is which.
Neither Leather or Vinyl breathes except through the stitching.
Neither seats, Vinyl or Leather are waterproof. A Vinyl seat will let water in through the stitching and Leather will do the same and also soak through the hide if it gets really wet.
Durability is similar but our premium Vinyl will hold its shape and new look longer than Leather.
A rain cover should be used to prevent water from seeping through the stitches into the comfort foam.
We recommend you cover your seats with our waterproof ride on rain covers when your bike is sitting or riding in the rain.
Enjoy the ride again,
Click on the links below to download
- Install Instructions for a non-heated seat on a Goldwing without OEM heat.
- Install Instructions for a heated seat on a Goldwing without OEM heat.
- Install Instructions for a non-heated seat on a Goldwing Tour with OEM heat.
- Install Instructions for a heated seat on a Goldwing Tour with OEM heat.
- Install Instructions for Goldwing / Goldwing Tour Ride-On Rain Covers.