GL 1800 Seat, Driver Backrest and Passenger Backrest with Full Black Ostrich Inlays (2012-2017)
GL 1800 Seat, Driver Backrest and Passenger Backrest with Full Black Ostrich Inlays
Our GL1800 Goldwing Midrider seat is our main seat that will suit most riders. If you are happy with the riding position, which includes your reach to the handlebars, leg room and reach to the ground that your stock seat offers, the Midrider seat will work for you. Our Midrider seat will sit you in the same position, but provides a comfort level so good, you won't want to get off your bike on those long rides.
Our GL1800 Goldwing King seat is primarily designed for riders over 6' 3" and over 260 lbs and/or riders with long legs (more than a 34" inseam). Our King is 1 1/2" wider that the stock seat to provide more butt and under thigh comfort, but its nose is also narrowed down to allow correct inner thigh room. The King will sit you 1/2" higher and 1 1/2" further back from the handlebars and cowling. This allow for less bend in your knees and helps for your long distance ride comfort.
The passenger section of our GL 1800 seats have been given as much research and development as the driver's seat. The inner leg thigh area and the seat butt area have been resculptured to fit perfectly and our memory foam cushion will put them in comfort heaven.
Ultimate Removable Driver Backrest
All Ultimate Honda® GL 1800 seats have the driver backrest hardware built into them, so you can add the backrest at any time. The driver backrest quickly and easily slides in and out with a built in spring loaded plunger lock that is part of the backrest hardware permanently mounted inside the seat.
- Pad measures 7" high by 10" wide by 1.5" thick.
- Built using the same memory foam as our seats.
- Infinite tilt to match your back angle.
- Backrest folds down forward for easily mounting and dismounting your Goldwing.
- Adjustment forward and back is more than 2 inches.
- Adjusts with a thumb screw while you're riding.
- No need to remove the seat or use a wrench.
- Includes zipper storage pouch that velcros to the back of the backrest.
Detachable storage pouch measures 9"W x 6"H and is protected by the driver backrest built in rain flap.
Leather Versus Vinyl and Rain Covers
Leather seating in our homes or vehicles works well for some users however leather seats do not weather well left out in the sun and rain.
In my opinion, there are no advantages with a leather seat on a motorcycle.
Most people cannot visually tell the difference between our premium marine grade Vinyl and Leather unless they are side by side and then it needs to be pointed out which is which.
Neither Leather or Vinyl breathes except through the stitching.
Neither seats, Vinyl or Leather are waterproof. A Vinyl seat will let water in through the stitching and Leather will do the same and also soak through the hide if it gets really wet.
Durability is similar but our premium Vinyl will hold its shape and new look longer than Leather.
A rain cover should be used to prevent water from seeping through the stitches into the comfort foam.
We recommend you cover your seats with our waterproof ride on rain covers when your bike is sitting or riding in the rain.
Enjoy the ride again,
Click on the links below to download
- Installation Instructions for Seat Sets, GL1800 - 2001 - 2017 - Midrider and King.
- Installation Instructions for Heated Hand Grip Adapter, GL1800.
- Installation Instructions for Removable Driver Backrest.
- Installation Instructions for GL1800 - 2001 - 2017 Ride-On Rain Covers.
- Installation Instructions for Heated Seats on Goldwings without Factory Equipped Heat.