Goldwing GL 1800 King Seat and Driver Backrest (2001 - 2010)
Our Honda® Goldwing GL 1800 King seat is designed so you sit in the seat, not on the seat. Our King seat will sit you 1 and 1/2 inch further back from the handlebars than the stock seat. This seat also sits the driver 1/2 inch higher than the stock position. The driver section of the seat is 1 and 1/2 inch inch wider than the OEM seat which provides more butt and thigh support.
The passenger section of our GL 1800 seats have been given as much research and development as the driver's seat. The inner leg thigh area and the seat butt area have been resculptured to fit perfectly and our memory foam cushion will put them in comfort heaven.
Ultimate Removable Driver Backrest
All Ultimate Honda® GL 1800 King seats have the driver backrest hardware built into them, so you can add the backrest at any time. The driver backrest quickly and easily slides in and out with a built in spring loaded plunger lock that is part of the backrest hardware permanently mounted inside the seat.
- Pad measures 7" high by 10" wide by 1.5" thick.
- Built using the same memory foam as our seats.
- Infinite tilt to match your back angle.
- Backrest folds down forward for easily mounting and dismounting your Goldwing.
- Adjustment forward and back is more than 2 inches.
- Adjusts with a thumb screw while you're riding.
- No need to remove the seat or use a wrench.
- Includes zipper storage pouch that velcros to the back of the backrest.
Detachable storage pouch measures 9"W x 6"H and is protected by the driver backrest built in rain flap.
Ultimate Passenger Backrest
The Ultimate passenger backrest has been designed to sit your passenger 10 degrees straighter which eliminates back fatigue and creates more room for your passenger.
Leather Versus Vinyl and Rain Covers
Leather seating in our homes or vehicles works well for some users however leather seats do not weather well left out in the sun and rain.
In my opinion, there are no advantages with a leather seat on a motorcycle.
Most people cannot visually tell the difference between our premium marine grade Vinyl and Leather unless they are side by side and then it needs to be pointed out which is which.
Neither Leather or Vinyl breathes except through the stitching.
Neither seats, Vinyl or Leather are waterproof. A Vinyl seat will let water in through the stitching and Leather will do the same and also soak through the hide if it gets really wet.
Durability is similar but our premium Vinyl will hold its shape and new look longer than Leather.
A rain cover should be used to prevent water from seeping through the stitches into the comfort foam.
We recommend you cover your seats with our waterproof ride on rain covers when your bike is sitting or riding in the rain.
Enjoy the ride again,
|1/2" higher than the Honda® OEM Seat.
|Distance from Handlebars
|1 1/2" Further back than Honda® OEM Seat.
|Driver Seat Width
|1 1/2" Wider than Honda® OEM Seat.
|Amount of Adjustment
|More Than 2" Forward and Backward.
|Location of Backrest Bracket
Click on the links below to download
- Installation Instructions for Seat Sets, GL1800 - 2001 - 2017 - Midrider and King.
- Installation Instructions for Heated Hand Grip Adapter, GL1800.
- Installation Instructions for Removable Driver Backrest.
- Installation Instructions for GL1800 - 2001 - 2017 Ride-On Rain Covers.
- Installation Instructions for Heated Seats on Goldwings without Factory Equipped Heat.