Softail (2000-2017) Seat - Plain or Studded
All Ultimate seats for the Harley-Davidson® Softail® are a 2 piece system, separate driver and passenger seats.
Our Harley-Davidson® Softail® Midrider seat is designed so you sit in the seat, not on the seat. Our Midrider seat will sit you at the same height and the same distance from the handlebars as the stock seat. The Midrider seat is 16 inches wide.
Ultimate Passenger Seat
The Ultimate passenger seat fits with all passenger backrest sissy bars and is 14 inches wide with comfort to spare.
Ultimate Removable Driver Backrest
All Ultimate Harley-Davidson® Softail® Midrider seats have the driver backrest hardware built into them, so you can add the backrest at any time. The driver backrest quickly and easily slides in and out with a built in spring loaded plunger lock that is part of the backrest hardware permanently mounted inside the seat.
- Pad measures 7" high by 10" wide by 1.5" thick.
- Built using the same memory foam as our seats.
- Infinite tilt to match your back angle.
- Backrest folds down forward for easily mounting and dismounting your Softail®.
- Adjustment forward and back is more than 2 inches.
- Adjusts with a thumb screw while you're riding.
- No need to remove the seat or use a wrench.
- Includes zipper storage pouch that velcros to the back of the backrest.
Detachable storage pouch measures 9"W x 6"H and is protected by the driver backrest built in rain flap.
Ultimate Sissy Bar Pad
The large Ultimate sissy bar pad is 12" wide and 8" high. We have engineered the pad with a 10 degree more vertical back angle, this helps to elminate back fatigue on long rides. The Ultimate sissy bar pad bolts right on to your Harley-Davidson® sissy bar. We also manufacture sissy bar pads that will fit other aftermarket sissy bars.
When you place your order, we will ask you which make and model sissy bar. If it is not a Harley-Davidson® OEM sissy bar, we'll need to know whether its 2, 3 or 4 bolt mount configuration. We'll also need the measurements, from center of bolt to center of bolt, of where the pad mounts to the sissy bar.
Ultimate Softail® seat sets come in two different mounting configurations, side mount or fender mount.
- Side Mount - 2 side bolts and 1 rear fender bolt. Harley-Davidson® Softail® model years 2000 to 2005.
- Fender Mount - 2 fender nuts located at the back of the driver seat and 1 rear fender bolt. Harley Davidson® Heritage® and other wide tire Softail® model years 2006 and newer.
- Side or Fender Mount - Harley-Davidson® Softail® model years 2006 and 2007 may be side or fender mount. If you are unable to determine from the above description, please call us at 877-672-0288 for clarification of what you have.
Model Fitment Notes:
- Softail® Standard - Model years 2000-2005
- Softail® Night Train - Model years 2000-2005
- Softail® Custom - Model years 2000-2005
- Softail® Springer - Model years 2000-2007
- Softail® Fatboy® - Model years 2000-2017
- Softail® Deluxe - Model years 2000-2017
- Heritage Softail® - Model years 2000-2017
- Softail® Convertible™ - Model years 2010-2017
- WILL NOT FIT: Softail® Deuce, Blackline®, Rocker®, Breakout®, Cross Bones®, Slim® or CVO®
Seat Compatibility Notes:
- 2000 to 2005 Softail® models: The OEM driver seat WILL NOT FIT with our passenger seat. The OEM passenger seat WILL NOT FIT with our driver seat.
- 2006 and newer Softail® models: The OEM driver seat WILL FIT with our passenger seat. The OEM passenger seat WILL FIT with our driver seat.
- 2007-2017 Softail® Deluxe models have a luggage rack that mounts under the OEM passenger seat. In order for the Ultimate passenger seat to be installed, this luggage rack must be removed. Please note that 2007 Softail® Deluxe OEM passenger seat will fit with Ultimate Midrider driver seat. This allows you to keep your Deluxe luggage rack by installing the Ultimate driver seat and OEM passenger seat. If using the Ultimate driver backrest with the driver seat, the passenger seat will need to be removed before installing or removing the driver backrest.
- 2010-2017 Softail® Convertible™, we do not offer a passenger seat. Our Ultimate driver seat WILL FIT with the OEM passenger seat, however the driver backrest will not be able to be installed while OEM passenger seat is installed.
- Seat set will not work with Boss saddlebags.
Leather Versus Vinyl and Rain Covers
Leather seating in our homes or vehicles works well for some users however leather seats do not weather well left out in the sun and rain.
In my opinion, there are no advantages with a leather seat on a motorcycle.
Most people cannot visually tell the difference between our premium marine grade Vinyl and Leather unless they are side by side and then it needs to be pointed out which is which.
Neither Leather or Vinyl breathes except through the stitching.
Neither seats, Vinyl or Leather are waterproof. A Vinyl seat will let water in through the stitching and Leather will do the same and also soak through the hide if it gets really wet.
Durability is similar but our premium Vinyl will hold its shape and new look longer than Leather.
A rain cover should be used to prevent water from seeping through the stitches into the comfort foam.
We recommend you cover your seats with our waterproof ride on rain covers when your bike is sitting or riding in the rain.
Enjoy the ride again,
|Seat Height||Same as Harley-Davidson® OEM Seat.|
|Distance from Handlebars||Same as Harley-Davidson® OEM Seat.|
|Driver Seat Width||16"|
|Location of Backrest Bracket||Rider Seat|
|Seat Compatibility||2000 to 2005 Softail® models: The OEM rider seat WILL NOT FIT with our passenger seat. The OEM passenger seat WILL NOT FIT with our rider seat.2006 and newer Softail® models: The OEM rider seat WILL FIT with our passenger seat. The OEM passenger seat WILL FIT with our rider seat.|
Click on the links below to download
- Installation Instructions for 2-Piece Seat Sets, 2000-2005 - Softail® 155mm tire (not wide tire models)
- Installation Instructions for 2-Piece Seat Sets, 2006-2007 - Softail® 155mm tire (not wide tire models)
- Installation Instructions for 2-Piece Seat Sets, 2006-Newer - Softail® wide tire and 2008 155mm tire
- Installation Instructions for Removable Driver Backrest
- Installation Instructions for Ride-On Rain Covers, All 2-Piece Seat Sets